Thursday, October 18, 2012

3 NH Facebook buisness pages

New Hampshire Lottery:

With over 11,000 likes and close to 200 people talking about it, I can assume that New Hampshire Lottery has been doing a good job keeping up with their Facebook business page.  Looking through their timeline, I noticed that they post daily and try to insight some humor.  For instance, one of the first pictures I saw was a dog dressed up as a cheer leader and the post read, "Who has their Halloween costume all picked out?  Any good ones?"  That's just funny.  It's also fun way for them to engage with subscribers without just always talking about the lottery.  They also shared a story about an elderly couple who won the lottery.

There is nothing that really stands out to me that I do not like about this page.  What impressed me the most though was in their description (the first thing I read) it states, "We take pride in being the first and one of the most successful lotteries in the country with over $1.5 billion going towards education."

New Hampshire Fisher Cats:

The New Hampshire Fisher Cats Facebook page does a good job a spreading out posts so they do not fill up timelines and possibly annoy subscribers.  I also like how they routinely have competitions to keep fans engaged.  There probably isn't a better way to keep people interested than to offer them prizes.

I was impressed with how much they are trying to keep the fans involved and encouraging engagement.  One thing I don't like is that there was hardly anything about baseball or the team itself.  I know that minor league teams focus more on keeping a family friendly enviroment, but I would be interested in players getting traded or even moving up to the majors.

Southern New Hampshire University:

Last but not least, the SNHU Facebook page has over 7,000 likes.  My opinion, they should have more.  Considering all the commercials that are on television across the nation and being Fast Company's #1 most innovative school, I would think that they would have more of a following on Facebook.  I think they should at least mention to viewers at home to visit their Facebook page, it would only help.

One thing I like though is the variety of different things posted.  I read an article of a friend of mine on the soccer team that interested me and I wouldn't have seen anywhere else.  I do think they should post more often though.  With the school being as big as it is now, SNHU should be posting daily at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment